Glubokoe district

Akimat of East Kazakhstan region

Head: Kalikan Baigonusov

Address: Republic of Kazakhstan, 070500, Glubokoe settlement, Glubokoe district, 11a Popovich St.

Phone: 8-72331-2-22-00

Web site:

Reception of citizens: every Thursday from 9-00 a.m. till 13-00 p.m.


Glubokovsky rayon was formed on December 31, 1964. Administrative centre – Glubokoe settlement, it is removed from the regional centre (Ust-Kamenogorsk) on 27 km. The area - 7,3 thousand, mountain-taiga region covers two thirds of the rayon.

Settlements - 46, including five villages. Administrative rayon structure includes 12 rural districts and 4 settlements.

Population - 66 500 persons. 39 600 persons live in the countryside, 26 900 - in working settlements. Glubokovsky rayon takes the third place on population in the region.

Number employed population is 26900 persons, pensioners - 21 200, participants of war and persons equal to them, - 2 600.

National composition of the population: Russian - 81,6 %, Kazakhs - 12,0 %, other nationalities - 6,4 %.
Glubokovsky rayon has the following electronic address: 

The rayon occupies a favourable geographical position. It borders on Shemonaikhinski, Ulanski and Ziryanovski rayon, Altai territory, Ust-Kamenogorsk and Ridder cities. On the territory of the rayon there are the railway and automobile lines of the republican value. Northeast and southwest winds prevail. Frosts stop in the end of May, start in the end of August. Snow covers the earth in first half of November, thaws in the second half of April. By the end of winter it reaches 90 centimeters in height.

Glubokovsky rayon is rich in polymetallic ores. Alongside with zinc, lead and copper it has gold, argentum, cadmium, antimony, arsenic, iron, sulfur, selenium, quicksilver and other elements. Impurity of metals of Berezovsky, Belousovski, Irtyshski and Novo-Berezovski deposits answer the world standards. There are 23 deposits of building materials, including building stone, limestone, brick clay, sand mixes and building sand on the territory of the rayon.

A lot of mushrooms, berries, melliferous and medicinal herbs you can find in forests of Glubokovski rayon. Annually more than 300 thousand cubic meters of lumber is prepared on the territory of the rayon that makes almost half of all volume of the lumber prepared in the East Kazakhstan region.

In the mountain taiga there are bear, columns, lynx, marten, sable. On rocky lots there are musk-deer, and on dry crests mountain Siberian goats come across.

History of the rayon

In 1730 Ivan Chuporshnev, mine foreman, discovered a richest Beryezovski deposit. From 1731 that very deposit had been maintained by forces of the experienced workers brought by Demidov from Nevyanski factory. Bread and fodder was delivered from far Siberian and Ural districts.

For solution of the food problem in 1760 the Siberian Decree "On occupying of a place from Ust-Kamenogorskaya fortresses and on build-up there, in convenient places, fortresses and settling of that party on the rivers Uba, the right inflows of Irtysh to Beryozovka, Glubokoe, Ulba and to the other rivers running into the Irtysh, by Russian people not more two thousand persona" was published.

1761 - year of a birth of Glubokoe. According to the stories of old residents, at bottom of a hill Petushok Ignaty Gubin with the family settled there.

Inhabitants of Glubokoe were engaged in arable farming, stock-breeding, provided with food stuffs of the mountain-factory population and armies of the Cossack Irtysh line.

On the administrative account the first inhabitants registered in Ust-Kamenogorsk. The duty of peasants, besides arable farming repaired the roads and delivered young men to ore work.

Cargoes were transported on horses, so horse breeding developed.

In 1747 Sekisovka village appeared (on place of Sekisovky redoubt), in 1767 Bobrovka appeared, in 1797 -Belousovka.
Glubokovsky rayon – the fatherland of beekeeping on Ore Altai. In 1786 the first bees had been delivered in Bobrovka, then appeared in Glubokoe, Praporshikovo, and there from came across all Altai.

History of Irtysh copper-melting factory begins in 1920th when English company "Lena-Ltd-Golfilds" starts to build in Glubokoe settlement a small lead factory. The factory was put into operation in the autumn, 1931. After cancellation of the contract with this company Altai complex "Lena-Bank" with the centre in Glubokoe settlement was built.

In April, 1932 the plant was reorganized in Irtysh mountain-industrial complex including Belousovski and Berezovsky mines. On May 26, 1937 Irtysh copper-melting factory started to work. In May, 1935 the railway Rubtsovsk-Zashita passed through Glubokoe.

The Glubokovsky land grew 10 Heroes of the Soviet Union and 19 Heroes of the Socialist Work.


Дата создания / изменения страницы: 09.02.2012 / 20.03.2017