Historic and Cultural Monuments

Ablainkit

State list of monuments of history and culture of local value with numeration of security orders

Ruins of "Ablainkit" temple represent the monument of architecture from 1654 and they are on the state control in the list of monuments of republican value. This monument is located in Ulanski rayon, in 15 km from Nikitinka village, in valley of the Ablaketka river.
Ablainkit is strengthened by lamaistski temple. Its construction was begun in 1654.

Appearance of similar temples speaks about the policy of development in XVII century of the grasped grounds by oiratski (kalmyzki) feudal lords and establishment of their control over outlined trading ways from Russia to China.

Jungarskaya fortress-monastery "Ablainkit" is of the great interest of many researchers visited our krai. Fyeodor Baykov wintered at Ablai khan for the first time informed about the construction of this fortress. In 1735 the Russian geodesist Vasiliy Shishkov has made the plan and sketches of this temple. There were discovered the manuscripts being the source of the Asian museum in Petersburg.

At the beginning Ablainkit was a building of the pentagonal form combined of slate plates and pieces of granite on clay solution with height of walls 3-5 m., 3 m. thickness. The Building was surrounded by stone wall which ruins remained up to nowadays and represent the rectangular eminence consisting of the grey ground with a lot of fragment of brick and clay irrigation vessels. There are also fragments of clay and semicircular tiles in section and fragments of clay facing, sometimes with vegetative ornament, in the form of the platens located by scallops. The part from them is covered with bright blue, green and less often by red glaze. Approximately in 30 m on the northwest from the main eminence there are 2 greater holes: semicircular ditch and shaft with greater blocks of granite lay on it, in forward hole there are the same blocks carrying the traces of fire.
The dwelling of llamas and notable persons represents strongly swum away eminence of the wrong quadrangular form. The eminence consists of the ground, fragments of grey and red brick. On other space inside of walls no traces of constructions are seen. Walls of the fortress are built from plates of slate and granite with prevalence of granite. In the northeast fortress in granite rock there is a deep niche, like a cave where traces of long-term fires are seen and its walls are slightly polished. This place makes impression of observation post. The surviving part of the wall reaches 2 meters in height. In total wall was 3 meters in height; it is seen on its traces on blocks of granite with a two-meter laying nearby.

Historical-architectural monuments of Semipalatinsk

One-minaret mosque - I half of the ХIХ century - a monument of architecture. Working mosque.

Two-minaret mosque - construction of 1856 - a monument of architecture. The sample of cult Muslim architecture of the ХХ century. The mosque was constructed with support of the Tatar merchants under the Turkish project. Working mosque.

Yamyshevskie gate - up to now only western Yamyshevskie gate remained from three gate of the fortress. In 1773 the gate and fortifications were erected under direction of the engineer - captain Andreyev I.G. and on its project.
Yamyshevskie gate - a monument of architecture of the XVIII century. It is one of the first constructions of Semipalatinskaya fortress.

Building of the Museum of the fine arts after Nevzorovs - a monument of architecture of the second half of the ХIХ century, the former house of merchant Stepanov. After revolution separate official bodies were located in this building: obkom parties and obl.ispolkom, the Lenin district committee, passport office.
Since 1990 the museum after Nevzorovs is located in this building.

Building of the former man's gymnasia, nowadays the corps of KazGYI - a monument of history and architecture, 1872. From 1894 till 1919 there was the man's grammar school on 282 persons, after 1919 11 staff of Siberian corps of White Guards, then revolutionary-military staff of Counsel in the building. In 1934 in this building the teacher's institute, from 1937 the pedagogical institute after N.K. Krupskaya was placed.

Tynybai Kaukenov Mosque - a monument of history and architecture. The first half of the ХIХ century.
The owner of the mosque was a merchant of the 2nd guild Tynybai Kaukenov. Near to the mosque there was a house of a merchant. The monument of history connected with a life of great Abai, T. Valikhanov and F. Dostoyevsky.

Building of the Chinese consulate, nowadays the building of "Balaus" fund - a monument of architecture, year of construction is 1903. From 1920 - the Chinese mission. Then the building was transferred in rent to the Chinese consulate. From 1963 there is placed Obkom and Gorkom LKSM, then kindergarten "8th of March". Since 1968 it is the Teacher's club.

Building Pump station - a monument of architecture. In 1910 the pump station was constructed with support of merchant Plesheyev on the right bank of Semipalatinka river. It was the first water pipe in Kazakhstan. Its length was insignificant. During Soviet time the length of water pipe was increased, reconstructed in 1946, then in 1974. The building repeatedly was overhauled that has brought a number of changes in the building structure.

The former house of the governor, regional historic museum - a monument of history and architecture. II half of the XIX century. The architect is unknown. Before revolution the military governor lived there. After establishment of the Soviet authority it is known as the House of Freedom. Since October, 1977 the regional historic museum is placed here.

Orthodox Sunday church - 1856 - a monument of history and architecture. The church was constructed under the initiative of retired Cossack sergeant Mitrofanov-Kazakov, basically on its means. It is known, that within Great Domestic war it was closed and opened again in 1946.

F.M. Dostoyevsky's literary-memorial museum - a monument of history. F.M. Dostoyevsky was exiled in Semipalatinsk in 1854-1857. In the house where the memorial apartment is now located, Dostoyevsky F.M. met with Tchokan Ualikhanov, the first Kazakh scientific traveler, the ethnographer. In this house the writer conceived and wrote a lot of stories: "Uncle's dream", "Stepanchikovo village and its inhabitants". Near to the memorial house the pair composition in bronze was erected "T. Ualikhanov and F.M. Dostoyevsky" of Sculptor Elkabidze D.T..

Building of pedagogical college after M.O. Auezov - a monument of history and architecture. The basic educational corps was constructed in 1903 for teacher's seminary. Till now it is an educational institution. Since 1967 it is named Pedagogical school after M.O. Auezov. From 1915 till 1919 M.O. Auezov studied here. In this pedagogical college academician K. Satpayev, academician E. Margulan were studied.

The house, where Abai lived, the end of the XIX century, a monument of history. The house of Aniar Moldybayev - a fellow countryman and relative of Abai Kunanbayev. On the house there are two memorial boards in Russian and Kazakh languages. The text "In this house annually stopped and lived the great poet and the educator of Kazakh people Abai Kunanbayev during 1878-1904"

St. Peter and Paul's temple (former spiritual mission) - Dawn street, 42 - a monument of architecture of the end of the XIX century. The building is constructed in XIX century. In guidebook across Siberia in the Asian Russia for 1901 there are photos of this building with an inscription "Kirghiz mission". It is commonly known as "spiritual mission". From 1952 was transferred to the topographical technical school. In 1994 the building is transferred to Church.

The monument "Stronger than Death"
On August 29, 1991 the President RК N.A. Nazarbayev signed the Decree about closing Semipalatinsk nuclear range. On August 29, 2001 in Semipalatinsk on island "Colonel's" the Monument of memory to victims of Semipalatinsk nuclear range "Stronger than death" was erected. The author of the project of this monument is Shota Ualikhanov.
The monument was built in Semipalatinsk, on island "Colonel's".

The monument to Soldiers-Afghans was opened on December 4, 2002.
The monument to Soldiers-internationalists is executed from the black polished granite (gabbro).
The author of this monument "Madeniyet Kayratkery", a member of the Union of artists of the Republic of Kazakhstan, sculptor Muratbek Zhanbolatov.

The bridge across the Irtysh river is opened on October 17, 2000.
The civil-engineering design of the bridge across the Irtysh river was offered by Japanese company Isakavadzima Harima Hevi Indastriz Company LTD and Akim Machinery of the East Kazakhstan region.

Building of Republican literary-memorial Abai museum. - II half of the XX century. State literary-memorial Abai museum was created in Semipalatinsk in 1940, to the 95 anniversary of Abai birthday. It is an ancient private residence belonged a merchant Roman Borisov.

Victory Memorial
To the 40 anniversary of the Great Victory of Soviet people over fascist Germany on May 9, 1985 in the center of park of our city the monument-monument was erected in honour of Semipalatinsk citizens died within the Great Domestic war.
Authors of the monumental sculpture: Klyushkin O.S., Semchenko A.V., Tikhomolov V.F.

Troitskaya church

It was laid on June 26, 1789 and finished in 1809, consecrated on October 9, 1810. At mouth of Ulba river.
The first church on a place of existing building was wooden and devoted to the Apostle and Evangelist John Bogoslov. The church was constructed in 40 of the XVIII century. In 1775 on a place of the first, burned down building, appears the second one, with the same name. This Church was quickly decayed, that induced the Tobolsk bishop Varlaama in 1789 to bless the beginning of construction of brick temple. Works on erection of new church were carried out, mainly, due to the means of the engineering department, released according to the Highest Decree. During construction of the temple the project three times varied. Only in 1803 the Temple was constructed, and its consecration took place in the autumn of 1810. On place of the burned down wooden church in 1809 was constructed Troitskaya church in Ust-Kamenskaya fortress.

Troitskaya church was three-patronal. The average throne is devoted to Saint Trinity, right - to Sacred Evangelist John Bogoslov, and left - to Prophet Ilya. According to the legend the iconostasis in church is put on personal means of prince Eristov, the commander of one of serfs regiment.

Troitskaya church is small, provincial, with modest architecture. In composition basically  the massive double-filament parallelepiped. The western portal of the temple was decorated with a tetrahedral belltower. Simple and avaricious furnish of facades consists of pilasters and flat frame frames hermaphrodite caliper windows. For years of the Soviet authority the temple was undergone the significant changes. After closing in 1928 the building was used under economic needs. As a result of the barbarous attitude there were lost: a belltower, domes, Altar of apse, a beautiful brick fencing. The ancient necropolis was destroyed being on the territory of the temple. In 1991 the temple is transferred RZP, and in 1993 on its base on blessing of Patriarch Aleksiy II man's monastery was established.
Building height - 9,2 m.

Дата создания / изменения страницы: 16.07.2012 / 01.04.2014